Thuraya is a UAE-based private joint stock company founded in 1997. Our investors consist of a diverse mix of leading mobile, fixed and satellite communication companies, as well as a number of U.S. and U.K. private equity firms and other institutional investors. Some of Thuraya’s strategic shareholders include Etisalat, Arabsat, Qtel, Boeing, Abu Dhabi Investment Corporation, Dubai Investment Corporation, Gulf Investment Corporation, Third Point, Perry Partners and Jeffries.
Asia Telecommunications Company is National Service partner of Thuuraya satellite company in Iran. it is based in tehran and distributes thuraya’s products and services in Iran.
Voice communications with hand held
Short message service
9,6 kbit/s of data & fax service
60 kbit/s downlink and 15 kbit/s uplink “GMPRS” mobile data service on XT and XT-Pro.
GPS is supported by all handsets
A number of value-added services, such as news, call back, call waiting, missed calls, voicemail, WAP, etc.
444 kbit/s high-speed data transfer via a notebook-sized terminal (ThurayaIP)
Thuraya Telecommunications Company is a world-leading mobile satellite service provider of voice, data, maritime, rural telephony, fleet management and other telecommunication solutions in remote areas.
Spacecraft architecture allows dynamic response to traffic requirements to avoid congestion in hot spot areas. 20% of power can be allocated into a single spot beam.
* Designed to operate for a minimum of 12 years up to 17 years.
* Has the capability to dynamically distribute the RF power uniformly and nonuniformly over the coverage area to cope with the traffic demand.
Onboard DSP is capable of:
* providing up to 25,120 simultaneous equivalent voice channels Spacecraft Architecture Thuraya Satellite Thuraya Telecommunications Company
* processing 640 subbands (156.25KHZ), each contains 5 FDM carriers with spacing of 31.25kHZ
* reconfiguring the number of beams, beam sizes and beam location in orbit
* dynamically assigning different subbands with different power level to different beams to cope with the traffic demand
* forming more than 500 beams in orbit at any time during the satellite life
* reconfiguring the beam size and location in orbit
* reusing the spectrum more than 30 times over the entire coverage area
* connecting two Thuraya users in a single hop call
Earth-to-space: 1626.5-1660.5 MHz
Space-to-Earth: 1525.0-1559.0 MHz
Earth-to-space: 6425.0-6725.0 MHz
Space-to-Earth: 3400.0-3625.0 MHz
Thuraya Country Code: +88216
SatSleeve for Android
SatSleeve for iPhone
Copyright © 2009 -2017 Asia Telecommunications Company. All rights reserved.